Tot School -- The Second Half

>> Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tot School



(The Little Lady is 28 Months)

We finished out our October with edible paint, counting trays, stickers and a trip to the Zoo!

Knowing the Little Lady's penchant for tasting EVERYTHING, I made the paint for our Orange Open Ended Art Project.  I didn't follow a recipe -- just ground up rolled oats and added food coloring.  Sure enough, as soon as I set it out, she decided to test it out.




Our next activity was simply some sticker play, using some random orange/black M&M stickers I had on hand.

 


I finally, FINALLY, found some cool trays at The Dollar Tree.  I've been wanting some of these since I saw similar ones on other blogs.   I wrote out the numbers 1-10 in the tray, and then set out four "pumpkin cups."  My goal was for the Little Lady to work on her 1-4 counting and to work on her fine motor skills as she transferred beans.  She became a little frustrated with counting -- rather than force her to do it, I let her play with the beans . . . transferring them back and forth from the pumpkin cups and the counting tray.

 
 


On Halloween, we wrapped up our Pumpkin/Orange theme with a morning at the Houston Zoo for their annual "Zoo Boo," where the Little Lady painted pumpkins, played with goats, and marveled at the groundhogs!
 

0 comments: